Seniors In Place was founded in 2001 by Richard Blecker to honor his mom and dad.
From the very beginning, he was determined to build his business based on strong family values, ethical principles, and a deep commitment to the best in senior care.
Later Richard was joined by his son, Adam and daughter, Mia. That original family now includes Certified Home Health Aides, 7 Registered Nurses who oversee all care, as well as case managers and staff coordinators who ensure that all patients have the care they need, when they need it.
In 2018 and 2019, Seniors In Place was honored as New Jersey’s Family Business of the Year Finalist.
Today Seniors In Place is the largest independent private duty health care service firm in the state of New Jersey
Seniors In Place is one of the most caring and best in-home and in-facility home health care services in Northern New Jersey, predicated upon purpose, integrity, and unchanging guiding Pillars of Care.
Pillars of Care
Our most important pillar is integrity — doing what we say we will do, treating others with respect, and maintaining confidentiality for our clients and their caregivers. We expect every one of our employees to understand and embrace our commitment to integrity and to maintain the highest standards in their interaction with our clients.
The Client Comes First
We always put our client first, even when it’s hard — especially when it’s hard. Our family is committed to making a difference in the lives of others. Sometimes that means being available 24/7 … driving to a client’s home in the middle of the night … and sometimes it means saving somebody’s life.
Support our Caregivers
We protect and support our caregivers. We will never allow aides to be placed in harm’s way and make sure the living environments are safe.
When an aide has a question or concern, we respectfully listen. Then, when needed, we provide immediate assistance by one of our registered nurses or senior case managers making sure the aide — and the family — have all the help they need.
Seniors In Place is very much Entrenched in the Community
Members of our management team hold the following positions of influence:
- President, Board of Directors, Home Health Services Association of New Jersey – the only trade association 100% dedicated to the need of health care service firms within the state
- Trustee on the Board of Trustees for the Commission on Accreditation for Home Care – the largest accrediting body in the state of New Jersey
We Campaign For Consumer Protection
We have helped consumers by:
- Testifying in Trenton in support of laws that improve the safety of all seniors throughout New Jersey
- Advocating with the state legislature
- Home Care Association of America
- Home Health Services Association of New Jersey
- Vistage International
Awards and Recognition
- Accredited with Distinction by The Commission on Accreditation for Home Care, the largest accrediting body in the state of New Jersey
- Recognized as New Jersey Family Business of the Year Finalist out of 400 candidates in 2018 and 2019
- Regulated by New Jersey Board of Nursing and overseen by The Division of Consumer Affairs of the New Jersey Board of Nursing, under the Department of the Attorney General of New Jersey
- Our caregivers are our employees, NOT independent contractors. They are state-certified, insured, receive benefits, and are trained and regularly evaluated in our state-of-the-art continuing education center.