Beautiful Ideas to Pay It Forward
By paying it forward, you can make quite an important difference in this world. Not only will you brighten another person’s mood, but you will also set a chain reaction in motion. If you pay it forward to three people, who again pay it forward to three others themselves, the entire planet could be transformed. Affecting change doesn’t take much. You don’t have to be rich, powerful or influential. Every ordinary person can help to make this world a better place, for instance by paying it forward.
But what is the concept of paying it forward all about? What does it mean to pay something forward? The idea behind paying it forward is that whenever you benefit from a good deed, you let others participate by doing a (random) good deed, instead of repaying the benefactor. However, you don’t necessarily have to wait until someone does you a good deed. You can also be the one who starts paying it forward, the one who sets it all in motion. Doing a good deed to an unsuspecting stranger is a beautifully selfless act. Not only will it remind them that this world is full of selflessness, generosity, and kindness. It will also encourage the benefactor to be kinder and more compassionate to others.
Let’s continue with some really beautiful and selfless ways you can pay it forward. Enjoy the following pay it forward ideas!
- Do a good deed to a homeless person.
- Pay for someone’s coffee.
- Participate in a cleanup day.
- Donate some of your cloths.
- Run for a good cause.
- Ask for donations instead of gifts.
- Free up spare change.
- Donate your books.
- Leave a good book behind.
- Smile at someone.
- Return lost items.
- Become someone’s mentor.
- Buy something from a kid’s lemonade stand.
- Donate 5-10% of your income.
- Offer your services for free. Listen to someone’s story
- Give some words of encouragement.
- Help someone improve their life.
- Be forgiving.
- Encourage others with Post-it notes.
- Spend some time with the elderly.
- Pay the animal shelter a visit.
- Pray for someone in need.
- Share your umbrella.
- Pay someone an honest compliment.
- Eat more vegetarian.
- Put coupons on community boards.
- Offer to take a photo.
- Leave your change where kids will easily find it.
- Mow the lawn for an elderly person.
- Be nice to customer service personal.
- Pick up garbage.
- Carry someone’s bags.
- Loan something without expecting it to be returned.
- Give up your seat.
- Do pro bono work.
- Let others in the line go in front of you.
- Help someone pursue their dream
- Say “yes” when someone asks for help.
- Fill out a survey for a student.
- Write a positive review of good businesses.
- Tell someone they made a difference in your life.
- Next time you leave a country, leave your pocket money behind.
- Sponsor a child.
- Make a food donation to your local food bank.
View the December 2019 Newsletter as a PDF Download Now